* Apple has hit on great market with the release of their Apple i Pod series of MP3 players. Every year their digital music players are sold by the millions.
* Their iTunes store complements the Apple i Pod units by supplying the users with tons of music downloads. They even sell video content for their Apple i Pod Video series.
* Every 1.5 years, Apple seems to update the Apple i Pod to a newer model while the older Apple iPod generation gets phased out.
* As the Apple i Pod gets replaced, many previous Apple i Pod owners will upgrade to the newer models. It has been estimated that around 30 percent of Apple i Pod buyers are upgrading from a previous model.
* Since the lifespan of a specific Apple i Pod model is only 1.5 years, many of the older models are either sold or given to relatives.
* Experts agree that the Apple i Pod is estimated to sell around 10 million units by the end of this quarter.