* The i Pod Mini was first released on January 06, 2004. Apple released the i Pod Mini in order to dominate the flash-based MP3 player market.
* During its initial release of the i Pod Mini, five different colors were available to consumers, the blue, gold, green, pink, and silver.
* These first five i Pod Mini's had a storage capacity of 4GB and can hold up to 1,000 songs.
* In February 2005, Apple decided to drop the gold colored i Pod Mini and add an additional 6GB version of the flash-based MP3 player.
* However, only after less than 2 years of availability, the i Pod Mini was discontinued. On September 7, 2005, the Apple i Pod Mini was discontinued and replaced with the introduction of a new style of i Pod's, the i Pod Nano.
* During the i Pod mini's life cycle, production of the i Pod Mini increased and changes were made to improve the usability and features of the player.
* The 1st generation of the i Pod Mini has cost around $250 and was available in five different colors and had a 4GB hard disk.
* The 2nd generation of the player consisted of four different colored players. The colors were deepened in shade as to reflect on the type on the clicking wheel.
* These new versions had either a 4GB or 6GB hard disk, an increase of 2GB of an additional i Pod Mini was added.
* The cost of the i Pod Mini was now around $200 for the 4GB and $250 for the 6GB version. During its first introduction, the i Pod Mini was Apple's smallest i Pod.